- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Free Music in the Park concerts offered July 19, 24 and 26
Online Staff Report
Enjoy summer evenings at the Sinnissippi Park Music Shell for Rockford Park District’s free Music in the Park concerts, which run Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. through Aug. 16.
These concerts are part of the Park District’s Free Sounds of Summer Entertainment Series featuring local and regional talents who present shows encompassing a variety of styles and genres.
Upcoming performances include the following:
• Thursday, July 19 — Decatur Park Singers (rain site: Coronado Performing Arts Center)
• Tuesday, July 24 — A Tale of Two Knights, performed by the Rockford Concert Band, Doug Hoffman, conductor; special guest conductor, Roger Ellis. Featuring Bill Petersen, trombone, and vocalist Patty Parlee.
• Thursday, July 26 — The New Invaders (music of the 1960s)
A complete schedule of performances with descriptions is featured in the Park District’s free Sounds of Summer booklet, downloadable from the Park District website, www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/musicshell. Paper copies are available at Park District facilities and Customer Service locations.
For more about Sounds of Summer, contact Park District Customer Service at (815) 987-8800, where information about accessibility, disability support and assistive listening equipment is also available.
Posted July 18, 2012