- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Free Music in the Park concerts offered July 19, 24 and 26
Online Staff Report
Enjoy summer evenings at the Sinnissippi Park Music Shell for Rockford Park District’s free Music in the Park concerts, which run Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. through Aug. 16.
These concerts are part of the Park District’s Free Sounds of Summer Entertainment Series featuring local and regional talents who present shows encompassing a variety of styles and genres.
Upcoming performances include the following:
• Thursday, July 19 — Decatur Park Singers (rain site: Coronado Performing Arts Center)
• Tuesday, July 24 — A Tale of Two Knights, performed by the Rockford Concert Band, Doug Hoffman, conductor; special guest conductor, Roger Ellis. Featuring Bill Petersen, trombone, and vocalist Patty Parlee.
• Thursday, July 26 — The New Invaders (music of the 1960s)
A complete schedule of performances with descriptions is featured in the Park District’s free Sounds of Summer booklet, downloadable from the Park District website, www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/musicshell. Paper copies are available at Park District facilities and Customer Service locations.
For more about Sounds of Summer, contact Park District Customer Service at (815) 987-8800, where information about accessibility, disability support and assistive listening equipment is also available.
Posted July 18, 2012