- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Golf: Deadline Sept. 7 for Rockford Area Music Industry Golf Play Day
Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Golf Play Day will be Sept. 14 at Elliot Golf Course, 888 S. Lyford Road, Rockford. Registration will start at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. All golfers, men and women, plus musicians and music supporters in the Rockford area, are invited to participate.
A $65 donation per golfer benefits the Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, and entitles the donor to 18 holes of golf, including cart, eligibility to win prizes and dinner at the Tebala Shrine Temple. A non-golfer can purchase a dinner for $25.
A Gold Sponsorship for $350 is available and includes a 14-inch-by-22-inch sign on the tee box and a foursome of golf at the outing. A Silver Sponsorship for $250 includes a 14-inch-by-22-inch sign on the tee box and a twosome of golf, as well as a Hole Sponsorship for $125 with a 14-inch-by-22-inch sign on the tee box.
An entry form may be downloaded at www.ramiawards.com and mailed to RAMI, P.O. Box 4128, Rockford, IL 61110.
Golfing will be limited to the first 144 golfers. Deadline date for golfers and dinner reservations for non-golfers is Sept. 7. For more information, contact Dan Eisman at (815) 546-3021 or email@example.com.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue