- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Golf: Deadline Sept. 7 for Rockford Area Music Industry Golf Play Day
Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Golf Play Day will be Sept. 14 at Elliot Golf Course, 888 S. Lyford Road, Rockford. Registration will start at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. All golfers, men and women, plus musicians and music supporters in the Rockford area, are invited to participate.
A $65 donation per golfer benefits the Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, and entitles the donor to 18 holes of golf, including cart, eligibility to win prizes and dinner at the Tebala Shrine Temple. A non-golfer can purchase a dinner for $25.
A Gold Sponsorship for $350 is available and includes a 14-inch-by-22-inch sign on the tee box and a foursome of golf at the outing. A Silver Sponsorship for $250 includes a 14-inch-by-22-inch sign on the tee box and a twosome of golf, as well as a Hole Sponsorship for $125 with a 14-inch-by-22-inch sign on the tee box.
An entry form may be downloaded at www.ramiawards.com and mailed to RAMI, P.O. Box 4128, Rockford, IL 61110.
Golfing will be limited to the first 144 golfers. Deadline date for golfers and dinner reservations for non-golfers is Sept. 7. For more information, contact Dan Eisman at (815) 546-3021 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue