- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Grief Center to hold creative coping group for kids; deadline July 23
The Grief Center at Northern Illinois Hospice will host 90-minute sessions using play-based therapy and other creative coping techniques for children ages 6-12 who have experienced the death of someone close to them.
The creative therapy will give children the chance to share fears and feelings in the context of a fun and comfortable environment and help them learn appropriate ways to cope with their grief.
Two sessions are available in both groups for children to attend. Session one is offered from 6:30 to 8 p.m., July 25, or from 3 to 4:30 p.m., July 26. Session two is offered from 10 to 11:30 a.m., July 28, or from 3 to 4:30 p.m., Aug. 2.
Registration is required by July 23.
For more information, contact Brooke at (815) 398-0500.
Founded in 1979, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center (a 501(c)(3) organization) provides superior, compassionate end-of-life care for individuals, bereavement support for families and friends, and group and individual grief counseling for children, teens and adults.
For more information, visit www.northernillinoishospice.org or call (815) 398-0500.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue