- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Grief Center to hold creative coping group for kids; deadline July 23
The Grief Center at Northern Illinois Hospice will host 90-minute sessions using play-based therapy and other creative coping techniques for children ages 6-12 who have experienced the death of someone close to them.
The creative therapy will give children the chance to share fears and feelings in the context of a fun and comfortable environment and help them learn appropriate ways to cope with their grief.
Two sessions are available in both groups for children to attend. Session one is offered from 6:30 to 8 p.m., July 25, or from 3 to 4:30 p.m., July 26. Session two is offered from 10 to 11:30 a.m., July 28, or from 3 to 4:30 p.m., Aug. 2.
Registration is required by July 23.
For more information, contact Brooke at (815) 398-0500.
Founded in 1979, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center (a 501(c)(3) organization) provides superior, compassionate end-of-life care for individuals, bereavement support for families and friends, and group and individual grief counseling for children, teens and adults.
For more information, visit www.northernillinoishospice.org or call (815) 398-0500.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue