- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Grief Center to hold creative coping group for kids; deadline July 23
The Grief Center at Northern Illinois Hospice will host 90-minute sessions using play-based therapy and other creative coping techniques for children ages 6-12 who have experienced the death of someone close to them.
The creative therapy will give children the chance to share fears and feelings in the context of a fun and comfortable environment and help them learn appropriate ways to cope with their grief.
Two sessions are available in both groups for children to attend. Session one is offered from 6:30 to 8 p.m., July 25, or from 3 to 4:30 p.m., July 26. Session two is offered from 10 to 11:30 a.m., July 28, or from 3 to 4:30 p.m., Aug. 2.
Registration is required by July 23.
For more information, contact Brooke at (815) 398-0500.
Founded in 1979, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center (a 501(c)(3) organization) provides superior, compassionate end-of-life care for individuals, bereavement support for families and friends, and group and individual grief counseling for children, teens and adults.
For more information, visit www.northernillinoishospice.org or call (815) 398-0500.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue