- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Grief Center to hold creative coping group for kids; deadline July 23
The Grief Center at Northern Illinois Hospice will host 90-minute sessions using play-based therapy and other creative coping techniques for children ages 6-12 who have experienced the death of someone close to them.
The creative therapy will give children the chance to share fears and feelings in the context of a fun and comfortable environment and help them learn appropriate ways to cope with their grief.
Two sessions are available in both groups for children to attend. Session one is offered from 6:30 to 8 p.m., July 25, or from 3 to 4:30 p.m., July 26. Session two is offered from 10 to 11:30 a.m., July 28, or from 3 to 4:30 p.m., Aug. 2.
Registration is required by July 23.
For more information, contact Brooke at (815) 398-0500.
Founded in 1979, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center (a 501(c)(3) organization) provides superior, compassionate end-of-life care for individuals, bereavement support for families and friends, and group and individual grief counseling for children, teens and adults.
For more information, visit www.northernillinoishospice.org or call (815) 398-0500.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue