- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Kryptonite hosts Eldorado, new rock band from Spain, July 25
Kryptonite will be hosting Eldorado, a new rock band from Madrid, Spain, that is receiving worldwide acclaim, Saturday, July 25, at the bar, 308 W. State St. Eldorado has received several international awards from the USA, Australia and their native Spain.
They play straightforward music that’s catchy and immediately accessible. Though clearly influenced by the archetypal rock classics, they manage to construct a modern sound.
Richard Chycki, the producer of Rush, Mick Jagger and Aerosmith, aptly baptized the band sound “New Vintage Rock.” At times ironic, lyrically Eldorado can also utilize mystic imagery in a fresh way. Their songs have been described as primarily visual and at times even cinematographic.
The new Eldorado album, Antigravity Sound Machine, was recorded in DNA Recording Facility in Toronto in March 2012. The band counted with Richard Chycki (Rush, Aerosmith, Gotthard) as the producer of their new album.
Eldorado presented Antigravity Sound Machine in the Canadian Music Week industry festival, and that was the start of what will be a very busy year. The album was presented in Spain June 2. This summer, in July and August, the band will tour the USA, followed by an extensive presentation tour in Europe this fall and winter.
This world tour begins at Kryptonite. The bar is offering local support from Vince Chiarelli (who heads up Rockford College Radio and was featured in the Torch Lighter on Our City, Our Story).
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue