- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford man featured in Mitchell Airport campaign
Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) is set to launch a new ad campaign featuring its customers, including Rockford resident Greg Galen. A Fluidmaster, Inc., sales manager who flies about 20 times per year, Galen recently entered and won the grand prize in MKE’s “That’s MY Airport” online sweepstakes.
“Greg well represents hundreds of thousands of northern Illinois residents who choose Mitchell Airport for its value, convenience and nonstop destinations,” said airport spokesman Patricia Rowe.
Rowe said the number of travelers from northern Illinois who use MKE has been growing, and the airport wants more passengers to discover Mitchell as an alternative to O’Hare.
Galen’s likeness appears on billboards in Winnebago County and on online ads and other web-based marketing efforts. His neighborly advice: “Travel the extra miles to MKE and avoid the stress of O’Hare. And be sure to stay engaged with airports like MKE because you just might find (or win) some great travel deals.”
As the grand-prize winner in MKE’s “That’s MY Airport” sweepstakes, Galen won a trip for two in the form of an airline gift card valued at $1,000 and $1,500 in VISA gift cards for expenses.
MKE encourages travelers to stay connected through its website, Facebook and Twitter pages to receive travel deals, tips and tricks, and sweepstakes opportunities.
A 75-minute drive from Rockford, MKE offers travelers an average savings of $70 on fares and upwards of $30 on parking compared to O’Hare.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue