- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Rockford man featured in Mitchell Airport campaign
Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) is set to launch a new ad campaign featuring its customers, including Rockford resident Greg Galen. A Fluidmaster, Inc., sales manager who flies about 20 times per year, Galen recently entered and won the grand prize in MKE’s “That’s MY Airport” online sweepstakes.
“Greg well represents hundreds of thousands of northern Illinois residents who choose Mitchell Airport for its value, convenience and nonstop destinations,” said airport spokesman Patricia Rowe.
Rowe said the number of travelers from northern Illinois who use MKE has been growing, and the airport wants more passengers to discover Mitchell as an alternative to O’Hare.
Galen’s likeness appears on billboards in Winnebago County and on online ads and other web-based marketing efforts. His neighborly advice: “Travel the extra miles to MKE and avoid the stress of O’Hare. And be sure to stay engaged with airports like MKE because you just might find (or win) some great travel deals.”
As the grand-prize winner in MKE’s “That’s MY Airport” sweepstakes, Galen won a trip for two in the form of an airline gift card valued at $1,000 and $1,500 in VISA gift cards for expenses.
MKE encourages travelers to stay connected through its website, Facebook and Twitter pages to receive travel deals, tips and tricks, and sweepstakes opportunities.
A 75-minute drive from Rockford, MKE offers travelers an average savings of $70 on fares and upwards of $30 on parking compared to O’Hare.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue