- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Rockford man featured in Mitchell Airport campaign
Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) is set to launch a new ad campaign featuring its customers, including Rockford resident Greg Galen. A Fluidmaster, Inc., sales manager who flies about 20 times per year, Galen recently entered and won the grand prize in MKE’s “That’s MY Airport” online sweepstakes.
“Greg well represents hundreds of thousands of northern Illinois residents who choose Mitchell Airport for its value, convenience and nonstop destinations,” said airport spokesman Patricia Rowe.
Rowe said the number of travelers from northern Illinois who use MKE has been growing, and the airport wants more passengers to discover Mitchell as an alternative to O’Hare.
Galen’s likeness appears on billboards in Winnebago County and on online ads and other web-based marketing efforts. His neighborly advice: “Travel the extra miles to MKE and avoid the stress of O’Hare. And be sure to stay engaged with airports like MKE because you just might find (or win) some great travel deals.”
As the grand-prize winner in MKE’s “That’s MY Airport” sweepstakes, Galen won a trip for two in the form of an airline gift card valued at $1,000 and $1,500 in VISA gift cards for expenses.
MKE encourages travelers to stay connected through its website, Facebook and Twitter pages to receive travel deals, tips and tricks, and sweepstakes opportunities.
A 75-minute drive from Rockford, MKE offers travelers an average savings of $70 on fares and upwards of $30 on parking compared to O’Hare.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue