- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Rockfordians honored by NeighborWorks America
NeighborWorks America has announced that Bob Campbell, executive director of the Rockford Area Affordable Housing Coalition, and Alan Zais, executive director of the Winnebago County Housing Authority, are two of 50 leaders nationwide selected for the NeighborWorks Achieving Excellence in Community Development Program, conducted in conjunction with Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.
NeighborWorks Achieving Excellence in Community Development Program is an 18-month educational program for senior leaders in community organizations that have a focus on affordable housing, community revitalization or other community development endeavors. At the beginning of the program, participants select a specific and significant challenge facing their organizations for which solutions will not only dramatically change how their organizations do business, but also enable them to make lasting change in their communities. By the end of the course, one can expect to have achieved measurable successes to address that challenge.
NeighborWorks America, the country’s preeminent leader in affordable housing and community development, works with a team of executive coaches, with renowned author and thought-leader Douglas K. Smith and with Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government. NeighborWorks America has graduated 229 executive directors, CEOs and other senior leaders since the program began in 2002 with astounding results from each class.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue