- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simons as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Rockton Chamber welcomes additional office staff
The Rockton Chamber of Commerce recently welcomed Marianne Mueller as a new staff member. Mueller has long-standing ties in the Rockton community as well as in the Rockton Chamber of Commerce.
Her volunteer experiences began while she attended Rockton Hononegah High School. After graduating in 1986, she continued helping in various capacities. Mueller has served on the Christmas Walk committee for more than 18 years, serving as chairman of the event three times. She has also served on many other Chamber committees, such as the Chamber’s annual dinner, nominating committee, golf play day, wrote for the Rockton Chamber of Commerce newsletter, plus served on the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors three times. She served as a one-term president and two terms as secretary.
Mueller has participated in Rockton’s Easter Egg Hunt — both serving as chairman and assisting, has worked on fall celebrations, served as a former chairman of the OSD parade and blood drive for the Rockton Lions Club, was a former member of Rockton’s Economic Development Committee, member of the Rockton Shared Vision Project, and helps at the Rockton Fire and Police Department’s bike rodeo and safety fair. She served as head, and as a member, of the Rockton Merchants Association, while working at the Gem Shop and Diamond Source. Mueller is also a member of the Rockton Woman’s Club, Hononegah Woman’s Club and Rockton Township Historical Society. She has been a columnist/news reporter at the Herald newspaper for more than 11 years.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue