- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Rockton Chamber welcomes additional office staff
The Rockton Chamber of Commerce recently welcomed Marianne Mueller as a new staff member. Mueller has long-standing ties in the Rockton community as well as in the Rockton Chamber of Commerce.
Her volunteer experiences began while she attended Rockton Hononegah High School. After graduating in 1986, she continued helping in various capacities. Mueller has served on the Christmas Walk committee for more than 18 years, serving as chairman of the event three times. She has also served on many other Chamber committees, such as the Chamber’s annual dinner, nominating committee, golf play day, wrote for the Rockton Chamber of Commerce newsletter, plus served on the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors three times. She served as a one-term president and two terms as secretary.
Mueller has participated in Rockton’s Easter Egg Hunt — both serving as chairman and assisting, has worked on fall celebrations, served as a former chairman of the OSD parade and blood drive for the Rockton Lions Club, was a former member of Rockton’s Economic Development Committee, member of the Rockton Shared Vision Project, and helps at the Rockton Fire and Police Department’s bike rodeo and safety fair. She served as head, and as a member, of the Rockton Merchants Association, while working at the Gem Shop and Diamond Source. Mueller is also a member of the Rockton Woman’s Club, Hononegah Woman’s Club and Rockton Township Historical Society. She has been a columnist/news reporter at the Herald newspaper for more than 11 years.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue