- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Swedish Historical Society presents Camp Sweden
Online Staff Report
The Swedish Historical Society of Rockford will be offering children between the ages of 6-12 years old the opportunity to attend Camp Sweden at the Erlander Home Museum from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. July 23-27 or July 30-Aug. 3.
The children will be able to learn about past and present Swedish customs, language and history, make and taste Swedish foods, experience hands-on arts and craft activities, enjoy music and theater, and participate in fun-filled field trips while making new friends and having fun.
This year’s camp leader, Emeli Jansson, is a Swedish native currently living in Gothenburg, Sweden. She is an enthusiastic, playful teacher who loves singing, dancing and theater.
For more information and registration forms, go to www.swedishhistorical.org or call (815) 963-5559.
Posted July 18, 2012