- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Swedish Historical Society presents Camp Sweden
Online Staff Report
The Swedish Historical Society of Rockford will be offering children between the ages of 6-12 years old the opportunity to attend Camp Sweden at the Erlander Home Museum from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. July 23-27 or July 30-Aug. 3.
The children will be able to learn about past and present Swedish customs, language and history, make and taste Swedish foods, experience hands-on arts and craft activities, enjoy music and theater, and participate in fun-filled field trips while making new friends and having fun.
This year’s camp leader, Emeli Jansson, is a Swedish native currently living in Gothenburg, Sweden. She is an enthusiastic, playful teacher who loves singing, dancing and theater.
For more information and registration forms, go to www.swedishhistorical.org or call (815) 963-5559.
Posted July 18, 2012