- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
Swedish Historical Society presents Camp Sweden
Online Staff Report
The Swedish Historical Society of Rockford will be offering children between the ages of 6-12 years old the opportunity to attend Camp Sweden at the Erlander Home Museum from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. July 23-27 or July 30-Aug. 3.
The children will be able to learn about past and present Swedish customs, language and history, make and taste Swedish foods, experience hands-on arts and craft activities, enjoy music and theater, and participate in fun-filled field trips while making new friends and having fun.
This year’s camp leader, Emeli Jansson, is a Swedish native currently living in Gothenburg, Sweden. She is an enthusiastic, playful teacher who loves singing, dancing and theater.
For more information and registration forms, go to www.swedishhistorical.org or call (815) 963-5559.
Posted July 18, 2012