- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Visitors to Rockford celebrate!
My husband and I have just celebrated a significant anniversary in the Rockford area and want to congratulate the region for the following reasons: 1) A welcoming, well-equipped and perfectly sized Bed & Breakfast to house our 27 weekend family guests (four overnighted “off campus”) — the River House B & B; 2) A remarkable caterer — Jim Hodel — who provided us and our guests with a delectable, celebratory gourmet dinner; 3) Many unique, beautiful and fun places to visit. Among those on our list were Anderson Japanese Gardens, Beloit Farmers’ Market, Rock Cut State Park, Stockholm Inn (to satisfy our Swedish heritage relatives), Rockford Art Museum and the Discovery Center Museum.
Rockford’s treasures such as those listed above made such an impression on our Chicago-area relatives that they are planning a return visit. Thank you, Rockford!
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue