- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Visitors to Rockford celebrate!
My husband and I have just celebrated a significant anniversary in the Rockford area and want to congratulate the region for the following reasons: 1) A welcoming, well-equipped and perfectly sized Bed & Breakfast to house our 27 weekend family guests (four overnighted “off campus”) — the River House B & B; 2) A remarkable caterer — Jim Hodel — who provided us and our guests with a delectable, celebratory gourmet dinner; 3) Many unique, beautiful and fun places to visit. Among those on our list were Anderson Japanese Gardens, Beloit Farmers’ Market, Rock Cut State Park, Stockholm Inn (to satisfy our Swedish heritage relatives), Rockford Art Museum and the Discovery Center Museum.
Rockford’s treasures such as those listed above made such an impression on our Chicago-area relatives that they are planning a return visit. Thank you, Rockford!
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue