- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Visitors to Rockford celebrate!
My husband and I have just celebrated a significant anniversary in the Rockford area and want to congratulate the region for the following reasons: 1) A welcoming, well-equipped and perfectly sized Bed & Breakfast to house our 27 weekend family guests (four overnighted “off campus”) — the River House B & B; 2) A remarkable caterer — Jim Hodel — who provided us and our guests with a delectable, celebratory gourmet dinner; 3) Many unique, beautiful and fun places to visit. Among those on our list were Anderson Japanese Gardens, Beloit Farmers’ Market, Rock Cut State Park, Stockholm Inn (to satisfy our Swedish heritage relatives), Rockford Art Museum and the Discovery Center Museum.
Rockford’s treasures such as those listed above made such an impression on our Chicago-area relatives that they are planning a return visit. Thank you, Rockford!
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue