- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
Visitors to Rockford celebrate!
My husband and I have just celebrated a significant anniversary in the Rockford area and want to congratulate the region for the following reasons: 1) A welcoming, well-equipped and perfectly sized Bed & Breakfast to house our 27 weekend family guests (four overnighted “off campus”) — the River House B & B; 2) A remarkable caterer — Jim Hodel — who provided us and our guests with a delectable, celebratory gourmet dinner; 3) Many unique, beautiful and fun places to visit. Among those on our list were Anderson Japanese Gardens, Beloit Farmers’ Market, Rock Cut State Park, Stockholm Inn (to satisfy our Swedish heritage relatives), Rockford Art Museum and the Discovery Center Museum.
Rockford’s treasures such as those listed above made such an impression on our Chicago-area relatives that they are planning a return visit. Thank you, Rockford!
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue