- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Visitors to Rockford celebrate!
My husband and I have just celebrated a significant anniversary in the Rockford area and want to congratulate the region for the following reasons: 1) A welcoming, well-equipped and perfectly sized Bed & Breakfast to house our 27 weekend family guests (four overnighted “off campus”) — the River House B & B; 2) A remarkable caterer — Jim Hodel — who provided us and our guests with a delectable, celebratory gourmet dinner; 3) Many unique, beautiful and fun places to visit. Among those on our list were Anderson Japanese Gardens, Beloit Farmers’ Market, Rock Cut State Park, Stockholm Inn (to satisfy our Swedish heritage relatives), Rockford Art Museum and the Discovery Center Museum.
Rockford’s treasures such as those listed above made such an impression on our Chicago-area relatives that they are planning a return visit. Thank you, Rockford!
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue