- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Whippersnap Music & Art Festival at Lyran Park July 19-22
Online Staff Report
Barefoot Fred Productions is proud to present Whippersnap Music & Art Festival 2012 held at Lyran Park, Rockford, July 19-22. The lineup includes the funky Meters, Railroad Earth, Particle, Greensky Bluegrass, Digital Tape Machine (featuring Kris and Joel of Umphrey’s Mcgee), Family Groove Company, Roster McCabe and local rocker Ernie Hendrickson.
Along with 53 bands for three days of music and art, Whippersnap is an environmentlaly-conscious event; partnering with the Natural Land Institute and Rock House Kids, the festival will promote environmental stewardship and building a stronger community. Located just south of the Chicago Rockford International Airport and 1.5 hours from downtown Chicago, the festival is seated in the heart of the country within the closest reach of the city. Tickets are available at www.whippersnapfestival.com/tickeats2.php. Follow it at Facebook, http://https://www.faceabook.com/whippersnapfest for ticket giveaways, discounts and artist announcements.
Posted July 18, 2012