- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Whippersnap Music & Art Festival at Lyran Park July 19-22
Online Staff Report
Barefoot Fred Productions is proud to present Whippersnap Music & Art Festival 2012 held at Lyran Park, Rockford, July 19-22. The lineup includes the funky Meters, Railroad Earth, Particle, Greensky Bluegrass, Digital Tape Machine (featuring Kris and Joel of Umphrey’s Mcgee), Family Groove Company, Roster McCabe and local rocker Ernie Hendrickson.
Along with 53 bands for three days of music and art, Whippersnap is an environmentlaly-conscious event; partnering with the Natural Land Institute and Rock House Kids, the festival will promote environmental stewardship and building a stronger community. Located just south of the Chicago Rockford International Airport and 1.5 hours from downtown Chicago, the festival is seated in the heart of the country within the closest reach of the city. Tickets are available at www.whippersnapfestival.com/tickeats2.php. Follow it at Facebook, http://https://www.faceabook.com/whippersnapfest for ticket giveaways, discounts and artist announcements.
Posted July 18, 2012