- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Whippersnap Music & Art Festival at Lyran Park July 19-22
Online Staff Report
Barefoot Fred Productions is proud to present Whippersnap Music & Art Festival 2012 held at Lyran Park, Rockford, July 19-22. The lineup includes the funky Meters, Railroad Earth, Particle, Greensky Bluegrass, Digital Tape Machine (featuring Kris and Joel of Umphrey’s Mcgee), Family Groove Company, Roster McCabe and local rocker Ernie Hendrickson.
Along with 53 bands for three days of music and art, Whippersnap is an environmentlaly-conscious event; partnering with the Natural Land Institute and Rock House Kids, the festival will promote environmental stewardship and building a stronger community. Located just south of the Chicago Rockford International Airport and 1.5 hours from downtown Chicago, the festival is seated in the heart of the country within the closest reach of the city. Tickets are available at www.whippersnapfestival.com/tickeats2.php. Follow it at Facebook, http://https://www.faceabook.com/whippersnapfest for ticket giveaways, discounts and artist announcements.
Posted July 18, 2012