- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Beloit Regional Hospice hosts volunteer training; Aug. 3 deadline
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — Join the growing team of more than 100 active volunteers for Beloit Regional Hospice from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aug. 11 and 25, at the Beloit Regional Hospice office, 655 Third St., Beloit, Wis.
This two-day informal and interactive training will answer questions about the end-of-life process, how to talk to the dying, hospice philosophy, pain and symptom management, and spirituality.
In the words of a recently trained volunteer: “The training opened my mind to the concept that death does not have to be the sinister black hole as culture has deemed it. There is no doubt that facing your own death (or that of a loved one) is incredibly daunting, but the hospice philosophy brings a calmness and dignity to the process.”
Hospice and Transitions volunteers are essential to the array of services offered by Beloit Regional Hospice. Volunteers make their own schedules depending upon their availability.
For 30 years, Beloit Regional Hospice staff and volunteers have been leaders in quality and compassion who seek to serve all who want and need their care. Through teamwork, they advocate for appropriate care while respecting the right of patients to choose their journey, and above all, hope is always embraced at the end of life.
For this training, you must attend both days. Registration is requested by calling (608) 363-7421 or e-mailing Sherrie Swanson, volunteer coordinator, at email@example.com by Aug. 3 to reserve a spot. A light lunch is provided both days.
Posted July 25, 2012