- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Benefits of rain barrels explored at July 31 workshop
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension will offer a hands-on rain barrel workshop from 10:30 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, July 31, at the Winnebago County Extension office, 1040 N. Second St., Rockford.
Join Horticulture Educator Candice Miller to learn the benefits of installing a rain barrel on your property.
The benefits of installing a rain barrel go far beyond just saving money on your water bill. A rain barrel can reduce flooding in your yard, reduce run-off, provide cleaner water to your plants and much more.
So, why not make your own? Rain barrels are easy and economical to make, with simple supplies you can get at the hardware store.
Participants will construct their own rain barrel to take home. A $25 registration fee includes instruction and materials. Visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357 to register and for more information.
Posted July 25, 2012