- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Benefits of rain barrels explored at July 31 workshop
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension will offer a hands-on rain barrel workshop from 10:30 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, July 31, at the Winnebago County Extension office, 1040 N. Second St., Rockford.
Join Horticulture Educator Candice Miller to learn the benefits of installing a rain barrel on your property.
The benefits of installing a rain barrel go far beyond just saving money on your water bill. A rain barrel can reduce flooding in your yard, reduce run-off, provide cleaner water to your plants and much more.
So, why not make your own? Rain barrels are easy and economical to make, with simple supplies you can get at the hardware store.
Participants will construct their own rain barrel to take home. A $25 registration fee includes instruction and materials. Visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357 to register and for more information.
Posted July 25, 2012