- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Benefits of rain barrels explored at July 31 workshop
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension will offer a hands-on rain barrel workshop from 10:30 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, July 31, at the Winnebago County Extension office, 1040 N. Second St., Rockford.
Join Horticulture Educator Candice Miller to learn the benefits of installing a rain barrel on your property.
The benefits of installing a rain barrel go far beyond just saving money on your water bill. A rain barrel can reduce flooding in your yard, reduce run-off, provide cleaner water to your plants and much more.
So, why not make your own? Rain barrels are easy and economical to make, with simple supplies you can get at the hardware store.
Participants will construct their own rain barrel to take home. A $25 registration fee includes instruction and materials. Visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357 to register and for more information.
Posted July 25, 2012