- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Benefits of rain barrels explored at July 31 workshop
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension will offer a hands-on rain barrel workshop from 10:30 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, July 31, at the Winnebago County Extension office, 1040 N. Second St., Rockford.
Join Horticulture Educator Candice Miller to learn the benefits of installing a rain barrel on your property.
The benefits of installing a rain barrel go far beyond just saving money on your water bill. A rain barrel can reduce flooding in your yard, reduce run-off, provide cleaner water to your plants and much more.
So, why not make your own? Rain barrels are easy and economical to make, with simple supplies you can get at the hardware store.
Participants will construct their own rain barrel to take home. A $25 registration fee includes instruction and materials. Visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357 to register and for more information.
Posted July 25, 2012