- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Don’t scalp your lawn to death
During the hottest part of summer (July and August), people tend to scalp their lawns to death! But they ought to know better. And then they get upset because the sun has baked their grass until it turns golden brown!
But on the television, an announcer advised that everyone should set their lawn mowers up at least 2 or 3 inches, and we will not need to use the sprinklers so often (save your water/conserve).
Philip J. Wilson
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue