- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Don’t scalp your lawn to death
During the hottest part of summer (July and August), people tend to scalp their lawns to death! But they ought to know better. And then they get upset because the sun has baked their grass until it turns golden brown!
But on the television, an announcer advised that everyone should set their lawn mowers up at least 2 or 3 inches, and we will not need to use the sprinklers so often (save your water/conserve).
Philip J. Wilson
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue