- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Don’t scalp your lawn to death
During the hottest part of summer (July and August), people tend to scalp their lawns to death! But they ought to know better. And then they get upset because the sun has baked their grass until it turns golden brown!
But on the television, an announcer advised that everyone should set their lawn mowers up at least 2 or 3 inches, and we will not need to use the sprinklers so often (save your water/conserve).
Philip J. Wilson
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue