- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Don’t scalp your lawn to death
During the hottest part of summer (July and August), people tend to scalp their lawns to death! But they ought to know better. And then they get upset because the sun has baked their grass until it turns golden brown!
But on the television, an announcer advised that everyone should set their lawn mowers up at least 2 or 3 inches, and we will not need to use the sprinklers so often (save your water/conserve).
Philip J. Wilson
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue