- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Don’t scalp your lawn to death
During the hottest part of summer (July and August), people tend to scalp their lawns to death! But they ought to know better. And then they get upset because the sun has baked their grass until it turns golden brown!
But on the television, an announcer advised that everyone should set their lawn mowers up at least 2 or 3 inches, and we will not need to use the sprinklers so often (save your water/conserve).
Philip J. Wilson
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue