- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Health Department offers back-to-school health clinic Aug. 1
Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) will host its third annual back-to-school health clinic, “Grand Slam for Good Health,” from 3 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 1, at the department’s 555 N. Court St. location.
The clinic is for all students, grades pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
Physicals will be offered for kids in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, sixth and ninth grades, and students new to the district. School and sport physicals will be $25.
Immunizations will be offered for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. New this year — Tdap is required for sixth- and ninth-graders. Immunizations are $16 each (VFC eligiblity required). Tdap shots for non-VFC-eligible students are $50 each. Ask for details when scheduling your child’s appointment, and bring your child’s immunization card to the appointment.
Required dental exams will be offered at no charge for students in kindergarten, second and sixth grades. Dental cleanings, fluoride varnish treatments and dental sealants are available (income requirements).
Without these exams, children may be removed from school — and the appointment books at many doctor’s offices fill up fast at the end of the summer. Call now for your child’s appointment, as times are limited and will fill up quickly. These appointments meet State of Illinois requirements, and fulfill the needs your child has to stay in school uninterrupted.
For physicals, immunizations with or without dental exams, call (815) 720-4370. For dental exam/dental services only, call (815) 720-4275.
For more details, visit the WCHD website at www.wchd.org.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue