- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Health Department offers back-to-school health clinic Aug. 1
Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) will host its third annual back-to-school health clinic, “Grand Slam for Good Health,” from 3 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 1, at the department’s 555 N. Court St. location.
The clinic is for all students, grades pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
Physicals will be offered for kids in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, sixth and ninth grades, and students new to the district. School and sport physicals will be $25.
Immunizations will be offered for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. New this year — Tdap is required for sixth- and ninth-graders. Immunizations are $16 each (VFC eligiblity required). Tdap shots for non-VFC-eligible students are $50 each. Ask for details when scheduling your child’s appointment, and bring your child’s immunization card to the appointment.
Required dental exams will be offered at no charge for students in kindergarten, second and sixth grades. Dental cleanings, fluoride varnish treatments and dental sealants are available (income requirements).
Without these exams, children may be removed from school — and the appointment books at many doctor’s offices fill up fast at the end of the summer. Call now for your child’s appointment, as times are limited and will fill up quickly. These appointments meet State of Illinois requirements, and fulfill the needs your child has to stay in school uninterrupted.
For physicals, immunizations with or without dental exams, call (815) 720-4370. For dental exam/dental services only, call (815) 720-4275.
For more details, visit the WCHD website at www.wchd.org.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue