- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
John Morrissey Accountants celebrates 40 years
The locally-managed John Morrissey Accountants, Inc., is celebrating its 40th anniversary of business in the Rockford area. The company was founded by John Morrissey, who still owns and manages the business today.
The company is hosting a Client Appreciation Ice Cream Social from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 1, at its office at 5919 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
“I attribute our success and longevity to the strong relationships we have with our clients, as well as the skilled and dedicated team we have working here,” said Morrissey. “We provide more than numbers. We want to provide wisdom and insight to help clients truly understand their financials and help them meet their goals. The greatest compliment is how many new business referrals we have received from clients over the years.”
The company also has experienced longevity with its employees and client base. Morrissey said some clients have been with the company for as long as 35 years and some staff as long as 27 years.
Even through difficult economic times, John Morrissey Accountants has experienced business growth and expansion into surrounding markets. After opening a Belvidere office in 1999, the company has absorbed three accounting firms in the market, making it the largest locally-managed and owned accounting practice in Boone County. The company has about 20 employees.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue