- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
John Morrissey Accountants celebrates 40 years
The locally-managed John Morrissey Accountants, Inc., is celebrating its 40th anniversary of business in the Rockford area. The company was founded by John Morrissey, who still owns and manages the business today.
The company is hosting a Client Appreciation Ice Cream Social from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 1, at its office at 5919 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
“I attribute our success and longevity to the strong relationships we have with our clients, as well as the skilled and dedicated team we have working here,” said Morrissey. “We provide more than numbers. We want to provide wisdom and insight to help clients truly understand their financials and help them meet their goals. The greatest compliment is how many new business referrals we have received from clients over the years.”
The company also has experienced longevity with its employees and client base. Morrissey said some clients have been with the company for as long as 35 years and some staff as long as 27 years.
Even through difficult economic times, John Morrissey Accountants has experienced business growth and expansion into surrounding markets. After opening a Belvidere office in 1999, the company has absorbed three accounting firms in the market, making it the largest locally-managed and owned accounting practice in Boone County. The company has about 20 employees.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue