- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Literary Hook: July 31 program combines poetry, beauty of nature
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
I would like to invite you to a very unique program that combines the beauty of nature with the words of poetry.
Don Miller, of Severson Dells, has created a program that I am pleased to be part of and hope you will consider attending. Though sponsored by Severson Dells, the actual location is Wilson Prairie.
The “place in-between” is on the prairie ridge when the sun is setting and the moon is rising. What a special night this will be as we tour the magnificent Wilson Prairie.
Wilson Prairie is a privately-owned prairie that harbors at least nine species of grasses and a plethora of flora and fauna. It is a place where, once a year, you can see the sun setting at the same time the moon is rising; hence, “the place in-between.” At that conjunction of sun and moon rising over the high ridge, I will be reading selections of poems.
This is an honor for me, and I hope you will attend July 31 from 6:30 to 9 p.m. To make reservations and find out the meeting place, call (815) 335-2915. Mark your calendars, and make the call!
Christine Swanberg is a local author and poet.