- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Literary Hook: July 31 program combines poetry, beauty of nature
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
I would like to invite you to a very unique program that combines the beauty of nature with the words of poetry.
Don Miller, of Severson Dells, has created a program that I am pleased to be part of and hope you will consider attending. Though sponsored by Severson Dells, the actual location is Wilson Prairie.
The “place in-between” is on the prairie ridge when the sun is setting and the moon is rising. What a special night this will be as we tour the magnificent Wilson Prairie.
Wilson Prairie is a privately-owned prairie that harbors at least nine species of grasses and a plethora of flora and fauna. It is a place where, once a year, you can see the sun setting at the same time the moon is rising; hence, “the place in-between.” At that conjunction of sun and moon rising over the high ridge, I will be reading selections of poems.
This is an honor for me, and I hope you will attend July 31 from 6:30 to 9 p.m. To make reservations and find out the meeting place, call (815) 335-2915. Mark your calendars, and make the call!
Christine Swanberg is a local author and poet.