- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Locals receive degrees at North Central College
North Central College celebrated its 147th Commencement June 9 by conferring degrees on 692 students. Of those, 581 received bachelor’s degrees and 111 earned master’s degrees.
The following students from the area received bachelor’s degrees: Christian Allen, Loves Park; Kirsten Coffman, Machesney Park; Vanessa Estrada, Belvidere; and Brianna Howell and Paul Yuccas, Rockford.
Founded in 1861, North Central College is an independent, comprehensive college of the liberal arts and sciences that offers more than 55 undergraduate majors and graduate programming in six areas. In the Historic District of Naperville, North Central College is 30 minutes from Chicago’s Loop.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue