- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Locals receive degrees at North Central College
North Central College celebrated its 147th Commencement June 9 by conferring degrees on 692 students. Of those, 581 received bachelor’s degrees and 111 earned master’s degrees.
The following students from the area received bachelor’s degrees: Christian Allen, Loves Park; Kirsten Coffman, Machesney Park; Vanessa Estrada, Belvidere; and Brianna Howell and Paul Yuccas, Rockford.
Founded in 1861, North Central College is an independent, comprehensive college of the liberal arts and sciences that offers more than 55 undergraduate majors and graduate programming in six areas. In the Historic District of Naperville, North Central College is 30 minutes from Chicago’s Loop.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue