- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Locals receive degrees at North Central College
North Central College celebrated its 147th Commencement June 9 by conferring degrees on 692 students. Of those, 581 received bachelor’s degrees and 111 earned master’s degrees.
The following students from the area received bachelor’s degrees: Christian Allen, Loves Park; Kirsten Coffman, Machesney Park; Vanessa Estrada, Belvidere; and Brianna Howell and Paul Yuccas, Rockford.
Founded in 1861, North Central College is an independent, comprehensive college of the liberal arts and sciences that offers more than 55 undergraduate majors and graduate programming in six areas. In the Historic District of Naperville, North Central College is 30 minutes from Chicago’s Loop.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue