- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Locals receive degrees at North Central College
North Central College celebrated its 147th Commencement June 9 by conferring degrees on 692 students. Of those, 581 received bachelor’s degrees and 111 earned master’s degrees.
The following students from the area received bachelor’s degrees: Christian Allen, Loves Park; Kirsten Coffman, Machesney Park; Vanessa Estrada, Belvidere; and Brianna Howell and Paul Yuccas, Rockford.
Founded in 1861, North Central College is an independent, comprehensive college of the liberal arts and sciences that offers more than 55 undergraduate majors and graduate programming in six areas. In the Historic District of Naperville, North Central College is 30 minutes from Chicago’s Loop.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue