- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Locals receive degrees at North Central College
North Central College celebrated its 147th Commencement June 9 by conferring degrees on 692 students. Of those, 581 received bachelor’s degrees and 111 earned master’s degrees.
The following students from the area received bachelor’s degrees: Christian Allen, Loves Park; Kirsten Coffman, Machesney Park; Vanessa Estrada, Belvidere; and Brianna Howell and Paul Yuccas, Rockford.
Founded in 1861, North Central College is an independent, comprehensive college of the liberal arts and sciences that offers more than 55 undergraduate majors and graduate programming in six areas. In the Historic District of Naperville, North Central College is 30 minutes from Chicago’s Loop.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue