- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Party On The Rock at 9/11 benefit set for July 26
You can help the community build the Winnebago County 9/11 Emergency Responders Memorial to honor the emergency responders of Winnebago County whose lives were taken and to memorialize our nation’s tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001.
Attend the “Party On The Rock” Benefit for 9/11 Emergency Responders, Thursday, July 26, at the Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St., downtown Rockford on the Rock River. The benefit will run from 5 to 10 p.m. Theme is “Brews, Bronze & Beach Bum Band.” This is in partnership with the Thursday night “Dinner on the Dock.”
Tickets are $20 each and include the smooth feel of a warm, tropical summer night with the sweet Caribbean music of Johnny Russler and the Beach Bum Band from Chicago. Enjoy beer tasting and the margarita bar. Try tongue-teasing eats by Backyard Grill and Bar.
Other attractions include the silent auction, offering a week’s stay in a condo in Florida; golf passes; TV; phone; camera; and much, much more. There will be raffles offering prizes such as airline vouchers, gasoline card, gas grill ’n’ meat plus 50/50 cash. 9/11 Memorial Bricks and Challenge Coins will be available.
Get up close and personal with two steel beams from the World Trade Center Twin Towers 9/11 tragedy. Meet the 9/11 Memorial artist, internationally renowned bronze sculptor Renee Bemis. At 9:30 p.m., top off your evening with a spectacular fireworks show over the Rock River — courtesy of Dave “Buzz” Carlson.
For tickets, call (815) 978-3860 or (815) 969-1999, or visit Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St. or any one of three locations of the Backyard Grill and Bar — Roscoe, Loves Park or Cherry Valley.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue