- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Party On The Rock at 9/11 benefit set for July 26
You can help the community build the Winnebago County 9/11 Emergency Responders Memorial to honor the emergency responders of Winnebago County whose lives were taken and to memorialize our nation’s tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001.
Attend the “Party On The Rock” Benefit for 9/11 Emergency Responders, Thursday, July 26, at the Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St., downtown Rockford on the Rock River. The benefit will run from 5 to 10 p.m. Theme is “Brews, Bronze & Beach Bum Band.” This is in partnership with the Thursday night “Dinner on the Dock.”
Tickets are $20 each and include the smooth feel of a warm, tropical summer night with the sweet Caribbean music of Johnny Russler and the Beach Bum Band from Chicago. Enjoy beer tasting and the margarita bar. Try tongue-teasing eats by Backyard Grill and Bar.
Other attractions include the silent auction, offering a week’s stay in a condo in Florida; golf passes; TV; phone; camera; and much, much more. There will be raffles offering prizes such as airline vouchers, gasoline card, gas grill ’n’ meat plus 50/50 cash. 9/11 Memorial Bricks and Challenge Coins will be available.
Get up close and personal with two steel beams from the World Trade Center Twin Towers 9/11 tragedy. Meet the 9/11 Memorial artist, internationally renowned bronze sculptor Renee Bemis. At 9:30 p.m., top off your evening with a spectacular fireworks show over the Rock River — courtesy of Dave “Buzz” Carlson.
For tickets, call (815) 978-3860 or (815) 969-1999, or visit Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St. or any one of three locations of the Backyard Grill and Bar — Roscoe, Loves Park or Cherry Valley.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue