- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Party On The Rock at 9/11 benefit set for July 26
You can help the community build the Winnebago County 9/11 Emergency Responders Memorial to honor the emergency responders of Winnebago County whose lives were taken and to memorialize our nation’s tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001.
Attend the “Party On The Rock” Benefit for 9/11 Emergency Responders, Thursday, July 26, at the Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St., downtown Rockford on the Rock River. The benefit will run from 5 to 10 p.m. Theme is “Brews, Bronze & Beach Bum Band.” This is in partnership with the Thursday night “Dinner on the Dock.”
Tickets are $20 each and include the smooth feel of a warm, tropical summer night with the sweet Caribbean music of Johnny Russler and the Beach Bum Band from Chicago. Enjoy beer tasting and the margarita bar. Try tongue-teasing eats by Backyard Grill and Bar.
Other attractions include the silent auction, offering a week’s stay in a condo in Florida; golf passes; TV; phone; camera; and much, much more. There will be raffles offering prizes such as airline vouchers, gasoline card, gas grill ’n’ meat plus 50/50 cash. 9/11 Memorial Bricks and Challenge Coins will be available.
Get up close and personal with two steel beams from the World Trade Center Twin Towers 9/11 tragedy. Meet the 9/11 Memorial artist, internationally renowned bronze sculptor Renee Bemis. At 9:30 p.m., top off your evening with a spectacular fireworks show over the Rock River — courtesy of Dave “Buzz” Carlson.
For tickets, call (815) 978-3860 or (815) 969-1999, or visit Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St. or any one of three locations of the Backyard Grill and Bar — Roscoe, Loves Park or Cherry Valley.
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue