- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Why would you vote for Obama?
In recent polls, it’s amazing that President Barack Obama gets more than 40 percent of the votes. Who are these people?
Is it young people or minorities voting for him, despite their higher unemployment rates due much to Obama’s anti-business rhetoric and composition?
Is it union members in the public or private sector, even though unemployed as a result of Obamanomics? After all, it’s impossible to get much money, taxes or consumer spending from someone that’s unemployed.
Young voters should consider that as our country gets deeper into debt, with Obama’s propensity for spending, the federal budget will incur so much of an interest payment it will leave less and less for our defense, Social Security, Medicare, and other ways to help our citizens.
Do you really want to vote for Obama?
Michael A. Smith
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue