- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Why would you vote for Obama?
In recent polls, it’s amazing that President Barack Obama gets more than 40 percent of the votes. Who are these people?
Is it young people or minorities voting for him, despite their higher unemployment rates due much to Obama’s anti-business rhetoric and composition?
Is it union members in the public or private sector, even though unemployed as a result of Obamanomics? After all, it’s impossible to get much money, taxes or consumer spending from someone that’s unemployed.
Young voters should consider that as our country gets deeper into debt, with Obama’s propensity for spending, the federal budget will incur so much of an interest payment it will leave less and less for our defense, Social Security, Medicare, and other ways to help our citizens.
Do you really want to vote for Obama?
Michael A. Smith
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue