- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
Why would you vote for Obama?
In recent polls, it’s amazing that President Barack Obama gets more than 40 percent of the votes. Who are these people?
Is it young people or minorities voting for him, despite their higher unemployment rates due much to Obama’s anti-business rhetoric and composition?
Is it union members in the public or private sector, even though unemployed as a result of Obamanomics? After all, it’s impossible to get much money, taxes or consumer spending from someone that’s unemployed.
Young voters should consider that as our country gets deeper into debt, with Obama’s propensity for spending, the federal budget will incur so much of an interest payment it will leave less and less for our defense, Social Security, Medicare, and other ways to help our citizens.
Do you really want to vote for Obama?
Michael A. Smith
From the July 25-31, 2012, issue