- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Artists sought for art show at local funeral home; July 31 deadline
Online Staff Report
Grace Funeral and Cremation Services will host a truly unique art show to support and promote local artists and the Rockford Area Arts Council. The show will run 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday and Friday, March 7-8, 2013.
Artwork by various local artists will be displayed on several coffins and bamboo and aluminum urns. The finished artwork will then be auctioned off with proceeds benefiting the Rockford Area Arts Council, whose mission is to bring the arts to everyone through grants, advocacy and promotion of the arts.
Kristan McNames, owner of Grace Funeral and Cremation Services, said: “This art show presents a unique opportunity to showcase the incredible amount of creative talent in our city. We believe that a thriving, vibrant community needs to provide art enrichment opportunities. Our funeral home is truly unlike any other in the area, and we wanted to plan an event as unique as the services that we provide to people we serve.”
Artists interested in participating should contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815)963-6765 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 31. Artists will be provided a work space, if required, and coffins and urns can be delivered, if needed. Artists are encouraged to make this a collaborative project, and each artist should submit three examples of their work in electronic image files.
The show will be at Grace Funeral and Cremation Services, 1340 S. Alpine Road, at Colonial Village Mall. For more information, visit www.gracefh.com.
Posted July 26, 2012