- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Aug. 3 ‘Call for Entries’ deadline for Nov. 1-2 Seasons on the Land Art Show
Online Staff Report
Aug. 3 is the “Call for Entries” deadline for the Nov. 1-2 Seasons on the Land Art Show and Benefit to be held at Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St., Rockford.
Fine artists, sculptors, photographers and artisans are invited to submit an application for inclusion in the event. Original artwork and original artisan-made objects that celebrate the land, our connection to the earth and those things that inhabit it will be featured.
The event is a fund-raiser for the Natural Land Institute (NLI). Fine Art/Photography and Artisan entry forms are available online at www.naturalland.org. Entry fees are $25 for the Fine Art/Photography category and $100 for the Artisan category. Fees are refundable if the entrant is not selected to display at the event. Entry forms and additional information are available at the NLI office, 320 S. Third St., Rockford, by phone at (815) 964-6666 or via e-mail to email@example.com.
Awards for fine art and photography will be given for Best of Show ($500), First Place 2-D ($250), First Place 3-D ($250) and First Place Photography ($250).
Jerry Kortman and Doc Slafkosky, owners of Kortman Gallery in downtown Rockford, will serve as judges. Results will be announced the first night of the event.
Vendors displaying items in the category of artisan-made objects will be in a space adjacent to the fine art and photography exhibit.
Posted July 26, 2012