- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Aug. 3 ‘Call for Entries’ deadline for Nov. 1-2 Seasons on the Land Art Show
Online Staff Report
Aug. 3 is the “Call for Entries” deadline for the Nov. 1-2 Seasons on the Land Art Show and Benefit to be held at Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St., Rockford.
Fine artists, sculptors, photographers and artisans are invited to submit an application for inclusion in the event. Original artwork and original artisan-made objects that celebrate the land, our connection to the earth and those things that inhabit it will be featured.
The event is a fund-raiser for the Natural Land Institute (NLI). Fine Art/Photography and Artisan entry forms are available online at www.naturalland.org. Entry fees are $25 for the Fine Art/Photography category and $100 for the Artisan category. Fees are refundable if the entrant is not selected to display at the event. Entry forms and additional information are available at the NLI office, 320 S. Third St., Rockford, by phone at (815) 964-6666 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards for fine art and photography will be given for Best of Show ($500), First Place 2-D ($250), First Place 3-D ($250) and First Place Photography ($250).
Jerry Kortman and Doc Slafkosky, owners of Kortman Gallery in downtown Rockford, will serve as judges. Results will be announced the first night of the event.
Vendors displaying items in the category of artisan-made objects will be in a space adjacent to the fine art and photography exhibit.
Posted July 26, 2012