- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Uncover the past with Diggin’ Dinos at Discovery Center July 27
Online Staff Report
Dig, explore, learn and create all things prehistoric Friday, July 27, at Rockford’s Discovery Center for Diggin’ Dinos. The event will be from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Lace up your boots, put on your hat, and head to Discovery Center’s outdoor dinosaur quarry. Uncover a mystery, play with plaster and get a feel for fossils.
Test your knowledge of the Mesozoic in the dinosaur gameshow, and use your Cretacious creativity to fashion a prehistoric puppet.
Touch real dinosaur bones, assemble a skeleton, talk to a paleontologist and more.
A Rockford Park District shuttle will travel between Discovery Center and offsite parking lots between 11:15 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. for visitors needing to park offsite. The service is free.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Admission is $7 for adults and children ages 2-17, and free for museum members and children age 1 and younger.
The museum can be reached at (815) 963-6769, or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 26, 2012