- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Uncover the past with Diggin’ Dinos at Discovery Center July 27
Online Staff Report
Dig, explore, learn and create all things prehistoric Friday, July 27, at Rockford’s Discovery Center for Diggin’ Dinos. The event will be from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Lace up your boots, put on your hat, and head to Discovery Center’s outdoor dinosaur quarry. Uncover a mystery, play with plaster and get a feel for fossils.
Test your knowledge of the Mesozoic in the dinosaur gameshow, and use your Cretacious creativity to fashion a prehistoric puppet.
Touch real dinosaur bones, assemble a skeleton, talk to a paleontologist and more.
A Rockford Park District shuttle will travel between Discovery Center and offsite parking lots between 11:15 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. for visitors needing to park offsite. The service is free.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Admission is $7 for adults and children ages 2-17, and free for museum members and children age 1 and younger.
The museum can be reached at (815) 963-6769, or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 26, 2012