- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Court Street United Methodist Church offers Puppet Camp
Online Staff Report
When you think of summer camps, you typically think of swimming, bonfires, hiking and playing outdoor games. Court Street United Methodist Church is offering something a little more unique, but just as much fun this summer: Puppet Camp.
The morning camp runs Aug. 6-10 and begins at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 11:30 a.m. Children will get the chance to make their own puppets and then take part in a puppet show Friday, Aug. 10.
Kids in kindergarten through eighth grade are welcome, and the camp is open to all skill levels. A $5 fee is required for the camp, and scholarships are available for those in need.
For more information, call Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., at (815) 962-6061.
Posted Aug. 1, 2012