- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Court Street United Methodist Church offers Puppet Camp
Online Staff Report
When you think of summer camps, you typically think of swimming, bonfires, hiking and playing outdoor games. Court Street United Methodist Church is offering something a little more unique, but just as much fun this summer: Puppet Camp.
The morning camp runs Aug. 6-10 and begins at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 11:30 a.m. Children will get the chance to make their own puppets and then take part in a puppet show Friday, Aug. 10.
Kids in kindergarten through eighth grade are welcome, and the camp is open to all skill levels. A $5 fee is required for the camp, and scholarships are available for those in need.
For more information, call Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., at (815) 962-6061.
Posted Aug. 1, 2012