- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Court Street United Methodist Church offers Puppet Camp
Online Staff Report
When you think of summer camps, you typically think of swimming, bonfires, hiking and playing outdoor games. Court Street United Methodist Church is offering something a little more unique, but just as much fun this summer: Puppet Camp.
The morning camp runs Aug. 6-10 and begins at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 11:30 a.m. Children will get the chance to make their own puppets and then take part in a puppet show Friday, Aug. 10.
Kids in kindergarten through eighth grade are welcome, and the camp is open to all skill levels. A $5 fee is required for the camp, and scholarships are available for those in need.
For more information, call Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., at (815) 962-6061.
Posted Aug. 1, 2012