- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Great Golf Ball Drop, Golf Play Day Aug. 3 at Aldeen
• Great Golf Ball Drop benefits Rockford Park District Foundation, youth programming
It will be raining golf balls at the Sixth Annual Great Golf Ball Drop at 6:13 p.m., Friday, Aug. 3, at Aldeen Golf Club, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford.
The Great Golf Ball Drop is a special event to benefit the Rockford Park District Foundation and Rockford Park District youth programming.
The event is being held in conjunction with the “Riverside Community Bank Go Fore the Green” Golf Play Day presented by Riverside Community Bank.
Golf Ball Drop: How it works
A group of numbered golf balls will be dropped from a lift hovering over a location at Aldeen Practice Centre. The first golf ball in the hole, or the one closest to the hole, wins the grand prize of $2,500. For a complete list of rules, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/gbdrop.
For an entry fee of $5 per ball, participants will be entered into the Great Golf Ball Drop. Participants will be assigned a numbered golf ball based on their purchase, and may enter multiple times. An early-bird drawing took place June 3. Bob Reitsch Jr. won a one-year membership to Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens.
Other prizes include a 42-inch flat-screen TV from Al Grace Appliance and TV; Magellan Roadmate GPS; Aldeen Golf Club foursome with carts, golf bag and Wilson wedge; one-year supply of Culver’s frozen custard; a 2013 Rockford Park District four-course golf season permit; and a 2013 Magic Waters season pass.
Tickets may be purchased for $5 each at the following locations:
• Culver’s — Five Rockford/Roscoe locations
• Rockford Park District’s five golf courses: Aldeen, Elliot, Ingersoll, Sandy Hollow and Sinnissippi
• Rockford Park District’s two Customer Service locations: Webbs Norman Center at 401 S. Main St., Rockford, and Carlson Ice Arena, Perryville and Riverside, Loves Park
For more about the Great Golf Ball Drop, contact Lisa Alexander at (815) 987-1632 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Go Fore the Green’ Golf Play Day
The Riverside Community Bank Go Fore the Green Golf Play Day will be Friday, Aug. 3, at Aldeen Golf Club & Practice Centre. Shotgun start is at noon, with registration beginning at 10 a.m.
Cost is $100 per golfer and includes greens fees and cart, complimentary tee gift, lunch and light fare following event. Proceeds will benefit City of Gardens and Rockford Park District’s Youth Golf. Honorary chairmen are Dan and Ruth Nicholas.
Aldeen Golf Club regulations require players to wear a collared shirt — no metal cleats allowed. If golf is canceled because of inclement weather, golf certificates will be issued. Lunch will be held rain or shine.
For more about the Riverside Community Bank Go Fore the Green Golf Play Day, contact Nancy Kauzlarich at (815) 987-8856 or email@example.com, or Laurie Terré at (815) 987-1602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Aug. 1-7, 2012, issue