- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Life is a Highway Memorial Ride part Deuce
June 27, 2011, 10-year-old Mason Frickman passed away unexpectedly and is missed very much by his parents, who still remember how much he enriched their lives. Mason was an amazing little boy and touched so many lives with his bigger-than-life personality. Mason had autism and suffered from frequent seizures.
Mason loved his school, Easter Seals’ Therapeutic School in Rockford, and he gained many benefits from attending.
Last July, the first Mason Frickman “Life is a Highway” memorial ride and benefit was held in Mason’s honor to help his parents with unexpected medical expenses as a result of his untimely passing. The benefit was a huge success.
This year, the Frickman family and friends are hosting the Mason Frickman “Life is a Highway” part Deuce memorial ride and benefit with 100 percent of the proceeds going directly to the Easter Seals’ Therapeutic School in Rockford. The benefit will be held at the American Legion, 900 W. Chrysler Drive, Belvidere, starting at 9 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 4. The benefit will feature a memorial ride, food, silent auction, door prizes, bake sale and two live bands.
Registration opens at 9 a.m. The first bike out will be at 10 a.m., and last bike out is at 11 a.m. Food serving starts at 1 p.m. Special feature will be a poker run, at $10 per person. Food and benefit only is $5 per person. The event includes door prizes, raffles, a silent auction and a live auction of Easter Seals artwork. Enjoy live music by two bands.
Monetary donations can be made at: Alpine Bank, P.O. Box 6086, Rockford, IL 61125, Attn: Personal Banking. For more information, call Gloria Totz at (815) 978-2334.
From the Aug. 1-7, 2012, issue