- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
Life is a Highway Memorial Ride part Deuce
June 27, 2011, 10-year-old Mason Frickman passed away unexpectedly and is missed very much by his parents, who still remember how much he enriched their lives. Mason was an amazing little boy and touched so many lives with his bigger-than-life personality. Mason had autism and suffered from frequent seizures.
Mason loved his school, Easter Seals’ Therapeutic School in Rockford, and he gained many benefits from attending.
Last July, the first Mason Frickman “Life is a Highway” memorial ride and benefit was held in Mason’s honor to help his parents with unexpected medical expenses as a result of his untimely passing. The benefit was a huge success.
This year, the Frickman family and friends are hosting the Mason Frickman “Life is a Highway” part Deuce memorial ride and benefit with 100 percent of the proceeds going directly to the Easter Seals’ Therapeutic School in Rockford. The benefit will be held at the American Legion, 900 W. Chrysler Drive, Belvidere, starting at 9 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 4. The benefit will feature a memorial ride, food, silent auction, door prizes, bake sale and two live bands.
Registration opens at 9 a.m. The first bike out will be at 10 a.m., and last bike out is at 11 a.m. Food serving starts at 1 p.m. Special feature will be a poker run, at $10 per person. Food and benefit only is $5 per person. The event includes door prizes, raffles, a silent auction and a live auction of Easter Seals artwork. Enjoy live music by two bands.
Monetary donations can be made at: Alpine Bank, P.O. Box 6086, Rockford, IL 61125, Attn: Personal Banking. For more information, call Gloria Totz at (815) 978-2334.
From the Aug. 1-7, 2012, issue