- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Music Academy begins Youth Chorale for ages 8-12
The Music Academy of Rockford is establishing an Academy Youth Chorale open to students ages 8 to 12 years of age.
Chorale classes will be held during the school year at Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 921 Third Ave., Rockford, beginning this fall.
Our voices are our natural instruments. Academy Youth Chorale (AYC) will provide young singers the experience of discovering and fine-tuning their own natural instruments.
During weekly sessions, students will learn to hear musical intervals, and how to shape a phrase and sustain a tune through natural breathing techniques.
AYC members can apply what they learn as singers to the study of any other chosen instrument.
Chorale instructors are Libby and Jesse Parker. Libby Parker was the founding director of the Eastside Junior Chorus in Seattle. She is a vocal performer who has had roles with the San Francisco Opera, Western Opera Theater and the Los Angeles Touring Company.
Jesse Parker is a pianist and will be the permanent accompanist of the chorale. He has served on the faculty of Santa Clara University, The University of Texas at Dallas and Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle. In Dallas, he founded the Dallas Piano Trio.
Tuition for the Academy Youth Chorale is $295 per school year. It includes 26 weeks of instruction. Scholarship and financial aid are available to a limited number of students.
The Music Academy is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. It is the mission of the Music Academy to inspire in students a life-long love of music and the arts.
The Music Academy is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church, in Rockford. For more information, call (815) 986-0037, or go to www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
From the Aug. 1-7, 2012, issue