- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Rockford Dance Company, Womanspace offer Fairy Festival Aug. 4
Online Staff Report
The Fourth Annual Fairy Festival, presented by Rockford Dance Company and Womanspace, will be from 5 to 8 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 4, on the Womanspace campus, 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford.
The benefit is an evening of fun for all ages with dance, crafts, a scavenger hunt, food and fairies.
Stroll the gardens, the pine forest and the Labyrinth on the prairie. Rockford Dance Company will perform with new Artistic Director Matthew Keefe, and guests can make a fairy crown and wand to take home.
Rockford Symphony Orchestra harpist Nanette Felix will serenade arriving guests. Arrive early at 4:30 p.m. and bring your own picnic to savor on the lawn.
An art exhibit titled “Every Little Thing” with miniatures fit for fairies opens the night before, Aug. 3, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in Gallery 1 at Womanspace, and Fairy Festival guests are welcome to view the art.
Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the gate for ages 13 and older; $10 in advance or $15 at gate for children ages 4-12; and free for children age 3 and younger. The event has sold out in years past, so advance purchase is recommended.
Posted Aug. 1, 2012