- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Rockford Dance Company, Womanspace offer Fairy Festival Aug. 4
Online Staff Report
The Fourth Annual Fairy Festival, presented by Rockford Dance Company and Womanspace, will be from 5 to 8 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 4, on the Womanspace campus, 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford.
The benefit is an evening of fun for all ages with dance, crafts, a scavenger hunt, food and fairies.
Stroll the gardens, the pine forest and the Labyrinth on the prairie. Rockford Dance Company will perform with new Artistic Director Matthew Keefe, and guests can make a fairy crown and wand to take home.
Rockford Symphony Orchestra harpist Nanette Felix will serenade arriving guests. Arrive early at 4:30 p.m. and bring your own picnic to savor on the lawn.
An art exhibit titled “Every Little Thing” with miniatures fit for fairies opens the night before, Aug. 3, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in Gallery 1 at Womanspace, and Fairy Festival guests are welcome to view the art.
Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the gate for ages 13 and older; $10 in advance or $15 at gate for children ages 4-12; and free for children age 3 and younger. The event has sold out in years past, so advance purchase is recommended.
Posted Aug. 1, 2012