- 20th Annual Honor the Mounds set for Saturday
- Cubs offense returns in sweep of Milwaukee
- TRRT Online Edition | Aug. 5-11
- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
Sofia Talvik performs Aug. 2
Sofia Talvik will be featured in the next Concert Conversations Series for Snapshotmusic at 6 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 2, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford. These are live recorded sessions, public invited, consisting of a straight 60- to 75-minute set, no intermission, on a weeknight starting at 6 p.m.
The mission of Concert Conversations is to give the artist a comfortable (and acoustically delicious) space with professional sound and lighting in which to share with an attentive and intelligent audience, the passion of the art that drives him/her, which speaks to the passion that drives us.
Talvik is a Swedish singer/songwriter who just released her fifth album, The Owls Are Not What They Seem. She embarked on her extensive Drivin’ & Dreaming U.S. tour in November 2011 and will be playing her way through the U.S. until either she or her tour bus breaks down for good.
She has played big festivals like Lollapalooza, SxSW, CMJ, etc., but this acoustic solo tour focuses more on the personal connection between Sofia and her audience, and you will more likely see her at small, intimate venues than the large arenas.
Seating is $10, limited to the first 80 people who arrive. For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.Snapshotmusic.com.
From the Aug. 1-7, 2012, issue