- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Crusader Community Health receives $40,000 from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
Online Staff Report
Crusader Community Health announced Aug. 2 it has received a $40,000 grant from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL).
The funding, which is part of BCBSIL’s Community Partnership Grant program, will support a health educator who will educate and counsel Crusader patients regarding healthy life styles and disease management.
The grant is part of the Crusader Quality Care Management Program and is focused on improving the lives of Crusader patients who suffer from diabetes and heart disease.
“We are proud to support Crusader Community Health,” said Clarita Santos, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois director of community health initiatives. “Our mission is to promote the health and wellness of our members and our communities through accessible, cost-effective, quality health care. By supporting organizations like Crusader Community Health, we are able to reach out to the people most in need.”
Crusader Community Health is a community-based, not-for-profit with the mission of serving the Rock River Valley with quality, primary health care for people in need. Services are available on a sliding discount basis.
Crusader Community Health operates the following four locations: Crusader Community Health on West State Street-Woodward Campus, 1200 W. State St.; Crusader Community Health on Broadway-Uram Building, Broadway and Seventh; Crusader Community Health Loves Park, 6115 N. Second St., Loves Park; and Crusader Community Health Belvidere, 1050 Logan Ave., Belvidere, Ill.
For more information, visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
Posted Aug. 2, 2012