- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Crusader Community Health receives $40,000 from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
Online Staff Report
Crusader Community Health announced Aug. 2 it has received a $40,000 grant from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL).
The funding, which is part of BCBSIL’s Community Partnership Grant program, will support a health educator who will educate and counsel Crusader patients regarding healthy life styles and disease management.
The grant is part of the Crusader Quality Care Management Program and is focused on improving the lives of Crusader patients who suffer from diabetes and heart disease.
“We are proud to support Crusader Community Health,” said Clarita Santos, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois director of community health initiatives. “Our mission is to promote the health and wellness of our members and our communities through accessible, cost-effective, quality health care. By supporting organizations like Crusader Community Health, we are able to reach out to the people most in need.”
Crusader Community Health is a community-based, not-for-profit with the mission of serving the Rock River Valley with quality, primary health care for people in need. Services are available on a sliding discount basis.
Crusader Community Health operates the following four locations: Crusader Community Health on West State Street-Woodward Campus, 1200 W. State St.; Crusader Community Health on Broadway-Uram Building, Broadway and Seventh; Crusader Community Health Loves Park, 6115 N. Second St., Loves Park; and Crusader Community Health Belvidere, 1050 Logan Ave., Belvidere, Ill.
For more information, visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
Posted Aug. 2, 2012