- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Secretary of State Antique Vehicle Show Sept. 8 in Springfield
Online Staff Report
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — The 63rd Secretary of State Antique Vehicle Show will be Saturday, Sept. 8, on Springfield’s Southwest side at Prairie Crossing, 4200 Conestoga Drive.
First organized in 1949 as an Antique Auto Meet, the show features not only some of the finest antique and classic vehicles in Illinois, but sports cars, motorcycles, trucks, recreational vehicles, hot rods and tractors as well.
“We encourage antique vehicle owners and enthusiasts to come enjoy our auto show and swap meet again this year as we celebrate the 63rd anniversary of the antique vehicle show,” said Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White (D). “As always, we expect to have some of the finest antique vehicles from Illinois and neighboring states on display.”
Antique Vehicle Show Committee member Steve Brown said, “The show brings some top-notch cars to Springfield for a very special event.”
The Illinois State Champion award will be given to the vehicle judged best at the show by the Antique Vehicle Show Advisory Committee. This year’s show honors the non-production car with a special marquee award. The award represents a different style or manufacture each year. An Illinois State Champion will also be awarded by the Antique Vehicle Show Advisory Committee for their favorite automobile. First-, second- and third-place winners will receive a prize in more than 60 classes.
A limited number of special event license plates promoting the event are available. These commemorative plates are available to anyone with an Illinois registered vehicle and may be displayed for 60 days prior to Sept. 8.
For a brochure including an Antique Vehicle/Swap Meet registration form and plate request form, call (217) 557-7220 or write to the Secretary of State’s office, 450A Howlett Building, Springfield, IL 62756. The brochure also is available online at http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com.
Any further questions regarding the event may be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Posted Aug. 3, 2012