- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Auto News: Central Christian Church Classic Car Show Sept. 8
Central Christian Church will hold its Eighth Annual Classic Car Show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 8. The congregation looks forward to this show each year and invites everyone to come and participate in this event. The car show will be held on the church grounds at 6595 Guilford Road. This is a fun activity for people of all ages.
Hear some “car” music performed by 3D Sound Company. There will also be free kids’ entertainment, and you can purchase refreshments from food and ice cream vendors. Soft drinks and water will also be available for purchase. Also, you can sample free pie.
Anyone who has a classic car they would like to enter in the event should contact Scott Nelson at (815) 997-5178 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. A registration form is available on the website www.cccrockfordcarshow.com.
The pre-registration cost is $8 if your form is submitted before Aug. 24, and $10 the day of the show.
All proceeds this year will go to benefit Carpenter’s Place, a local nonprofit organization that helps the homeless.
For questions, contact Scott Nelson at the number listed above, or Gerald King at (815) 963-7254.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue