- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Auto News: Central Christian Church Classic Car Show Sept. 8
Central Christian Church will hold its Eighth Annual Classic Car Show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 8. The congregation looks forward to this show each year and invites everyone to come and participate in this event. The car show will be held on the church grounds at 6595 Guilford Road. This is a fun activity for people of all ages.
Hear some “car” music performed by 3D Sound Company. There will also be free kids’ entertainment, and you can purchase refreshments from food and ice cream vendors. Soft drinks and water will also be available for purchase. Also, you can sample free pie.
Anyone who has a classic car they would like to enter in the event should contact Scott Nelson at (815) 997-5178 or e-mail at email@example.com. A registration form is available on the website www.cccrockfordcarshow.com.
The pre-registration cost is $8 if your form is submitted before Aug. 24, and $10 the day of the show.
All proceeds this year will go to benefit Carpenter’s Place, a local nonprofit organization that helps the homeless.
For questions, contact Scott Nelson at the number listed above, or Gerald King at (815) 963-7254.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue