- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Auto News: Lifescape, AARP offer refresher course for older drivers
For the third year, Lifescape and AARP are teaming up to offer a refresher course during the annual Senior EXPO, held Sept. 13-14. The course is designed to help older drivers maintain their mobility and independence while improving their safe driving skills.
The safety course will be at Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park. The event runs 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. both days.
Many older drivers may modify their driving habits as a result of declining capabilities, but safety reports show senior drivers are more likely to be involved in multi- vehicle accidents, especially at intersections. That’s why programs like this are important — not only to the senior driver, but to the general driving public.
The course is specially designed for drivers 50 years of age and older. Participants will receive information reviewing the rules of the road with an emphasis on safety strategies for the older driver.
The course is $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members.
To register, contact Cheryl Davis at Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue