- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Auto News: Lifescape, AARP offer refresher course for older drivers
For the third year, Lifescape and AARP are teaming up to offer a refresher course during the annual Senior EXPO, held Sept. 13-14. The course is designed to help older drivers maintain their mobility and independence while improving their safe driving skills.
The safety course will be at Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park. The event runs 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. both days.
Many older drivers may modify their driving habits as a result of declining capabilities, but safety reports show senior drivers are more likely to be involved in multi- vehicle accidents, especially at intersections. That’s why programs like this are important — not only to the senior driver, but to the general driving public.
The course is specially designed for drivers 50 years of age and older. Participants will receive information reviewing the rules of the road with an emphasis on safety strategies for the older driver.
The course is $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members.
To register, contact Cheryl Davis at Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue