- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Black Stone Cherry at downtown District Bar & Grill Aug. 9
Online Staff Report
Edmonton, Ky., rock band Black Stone Cherry will perform at Rockford’s District Bar & Grill Thursday, Aug. 9.
Black Stone Cherry is on the road in support of Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea.
The band just came back from the U.K., where they recently appeared alongside such greats as Bruce Springsteen at the 55,000 capacity critically acclaimed Isle Of Wight Festival. They also played alongside Soundgarden and Iggy & The Stooges at Hard Rock Calling in London’s Hyde Park. In April, Black Stone Cherry played an entirely sold-out headline tour in the U.K.
Back here in the States, Black Stone Cherry have been road dogs, playing a series of dates with Chickenfoot as well as a previous headline run.
The band wanted to do something special for the troops with their moving video for their single, “In My Blood,” which peaked at No. 12 at Active Rock and No. 4 at Mainstream Rock radio.
The documentary-style video follows PFC Randy Hirneisen, a 20-year-old soldier with the U.S. Army, and his journey from his deployment in Afghanistan as a “tanker” to his redeployment back to his assignment in Germany, and finally to his arrival home in Augusta, Ga., where his wife, Cindy Torres, introduces him to his 2-month-old son Randy Hirneisen Jr. for the first time.
Past singles include “White Trash Millionaire,” which peaked at No. 12 at both Active and Mainstream Rock radio. Their current single, “Like I Roll,” is top 25 at Active Rock and top 30 at Mainstream Rock radio and climbing.
District Bar & Grill is at 205 W. State St., Rockford.
Posted Aug. 8, 2012