- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Buy American, support your neighbor
Editor’s note: The following was sent via e-mail to Sports Columnist Doug Halberstadt in response to his July 18-24 column “Olympic uniforms aren’t all that’s produced overseas.” The author has given permission to publish his comments as a Letter to the Editor.
Thanks for your recent article in The Rock River Times.
Unlike most people, I diligently and successfully look for labels that don’t say “made in China.” I buy Red Wing boots, Craftsman tools, etc. It drives my wife crazy because it takes 10 times as long to buy stuff. But for my neighbors and fellow countrymen, it’s worth it.
Love your neighbor, buy American.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue