- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Buy American, support your neighbor
Editor’s note: The following was sent via e-mail to Sports Columnist Doug Halberstadt in response to his July 18-24 column “Olympic uniforms aren’t all that’s produced overseas.” The author has given permission to publish his comments as a Letter to the Editor.
Thanks for your recent article in The Rock River Times.
Unlike most people, I diligently and successfully look for labels that don’t say “made in China.” I buy Red Wing boots, Craftsman tools, etc. It drives my wife crazy because it takes 10 times as long to buy stuff. But for my neighbors and fellow countrymen, it’s worth it.
Love your neighbor, buy American.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue