- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Buy American, support your neighbor
Editor’s note: The following was sent via e-mail to Sports Columnist Doug Halberstadt in response to his July 18-24 column “Olympic uniforms aren’t all that’s produced overseas.” The author has given permission to publish his comments as a Letter to the Editor.
Thanks for your recent article in The Rock River Times.
Unlike most people, I diligently and successfully look for labels that don’t say “made in China.” I buy Red Wing boots, Craftsman tools, etc. It drives my wife crazy because it takes 10 times as long to buy stuff. But for my neighbors and fellow countrymen, it’s worth it.
Love your neighbor, buy American.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue