- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Buy American, support your neighbor
Editor’s note: The following was sent via e-mail to Sports Columnist Doug Halberstadt in response to his July 18-24 column “Olympic uniforms aren’t all that’s produced overseas.” The author has given permission to publish his comments as a Letter to the Editor.
Thanks for your recent article in The Rock River Times.
Unlike most people, I diligently and successfully look for labels that don’t say “made in China.” I buy Red Wing boots, Craftsman tools, etc. It drives my wife crazy because it takes 10 times as long to buy stuff. But for my neighbors and fellow countrymen, it’s worth it.
Love your neighbor, buy American.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue