- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Buy American, support your neighbor
Editor’s note: The following was sent via e-mail to Sports Columnist Doug Halberstadt in response to his July 18-24 column “Olympic uniforms aren’t all that’s produced overseas.” The author has given permission to publish his comments as a Letter to the Editor.
Thanks for your recent article in The Rock River Times.
Unlike most people, I diligently and successfully look for labels that don’t say “made in China.” I buy Red Wing boots, Craftsman tools, etc. It drives my wife crazy because it takes 10 times as long to buy stuff. But for my neighbors and fellow countrymen, it’s worth it.
Love your neighbor, buy American.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue