- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Buy discounted Byron Blues Fest tickets by Aug. 11
Saturday, Aug. 11, is the final day to purchase half-priced advanced tickets to the Aug. 25 Byron Crossroads Blues Festival.
Advanced tickets, $5, are available online at http://byroncrossroadsbluesfestival.blogspot.com/ or at the following locations:
Rockford — Guzzardo’s Performance Music, 3010 Charles St.; JustGoods Fair Trade Store, 201 Seventh St.; Adriatic Café, 327 W. Jefferson St.; Toad Hall, 2106 Broadway; and CD Source, 221 E. State St.
Byron — Byron Bank, 200 N. Walnut St.; Byron City Hall, 232 W. Second St.; Snyder’s Drugs, 415 W. Blackhawk Drive; Value Fresh Market, 201 W. Blackhawk Drive; Leombruni’s Italian Village, 110 W. Second St.; Costa’s Restaurant, 133 E. Blackhawk Drive; Fifth Alarm, 120 N. Union St.; Spanky’s, 216 N. Union St.; Union Bar, 109 Second St.; The Cave Inn, 111 W. Second St.; Sunrise II Restaurant, 101 W. Second St.; and Tailgaters Sports Bar, 107 E. Second St.
Other locations — Snyder’s Drugs in both Oregon, Ill., and Winnebago, Ill., also have tickets, along with Paradise Guitars in Beloit, Wis. Crossroads Blues Society members also have tickets available.
Gates to the Byron Crossroads Blues Festival open at 1 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 25. The event will be in downtown Byron at Union and Second streets. Tickets are $10 after Aug. 11.
Musical lineup includes Aaron Williams & the Hoodoo at 1:30 p.m.; Harmonica Workshop with Joe Filisko at 3 p.m.; The Jimmys at 3:30 p.m.; The Cash Box Kings at 5:30 p.m.; Nick Moss & the Flip Tops at 7:30 p.m.; and Candye Kane Band at 9:30 p.m.
Call (779) 537-4006 for more about the festival or to order tickets.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue